Challenge Participant

Pages

Tuesday 28 December 2010

The Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth by Jeff Kinney


Catch the hapless Greg Heffley as he navigates his way through family and school life with his best friend, Rowley, by his side in a brand new "Wimpy Kid" adventure!

The Wimpy Kid is getting older and his friend has his first spot! Gramma is waiting to have 'the talk' with him and new lessons, 'the facts of life' are starting at school.

I enjoyed this book and think it would be suitable for children 9+, although the subject content above may appear for older chidlren, there are no great revelations or life's mysteries revealled within the book.

The book is in the style of a diary, with text looking like handwriting. The text is broken up with many illustrations, cartoon style. I found myself laughing constantly throughout this book.

I think that this book would appeal to boys everywhere, although girls could enjoy it too. The language is that of a modern day child, appealling to their humour.

I recommend this to 9 years + everywhere.

Thank you to Jayde Lynch of Penguin for sending me this book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment