Challenge Participant

Pages

Saturday 7 April 2012

Run Rabbit Run by Kate Johnson

Run Rabbit Run

Sophie's in trouble. Must be Tuesday. Sophie Green's an ex-spy, or trying to be. You wouldn't believe the trouble she's in. An MI5 officer has been shot with her gun, her fingerprints all over his office. And no, she didn't kill him. But she has gone on the run. Now Sophie's desperately seeking whoever's trying to frame and kill her. She's being forced to work with the least trustworthy man in Europe, MI5 is following her every move, and she's had to leave the tall, blond, god of a man she loves behind. Luke Sharpe works for MI6. Or did, until his girlfriend became a murder suspect. Doing nothing wasn't an option, so he started investigating. Who cares if it means jeopardising his career? Sophie's everything he used to say he never wanted. Young, irresponsible, bright and mad. Now she's just everything - and she has to live. She will live, won't she?

This is the second book by author Kate Johnson. I will admit I wasn't overly keen on her first book that I read, The Untied Kingdom, but I was very interested in this book after reading the synopsis. One of my favourite television programmes was Spooks and so anything with MI5 in would be something I would pick up.

The main character, Sophie, is an ex spy, who has been accused of killing an MI5 officer - she didn't and she is determined to find out who did and why she was framed for the murder. Along the way she has to remain free from arrest which is difficult when MI5, MI6 and the CIA are on her tail. However, Sophie is such a disaster magnet that it is surprising she remains on the run for so long.

I really enjoyed this book, there were twists and turns throughout. Although the reader could not really try and solve the mystery themselves because the clues were not in the text, the chase and intrigue kept me going through the book. Johnson's writing is brilliant, fast paced and one that keeps you guessing to the end.

Since finishing this book I have found that this is actually book 5 in the Sophie Green mysteries and I will be reading the back catalogue to find out the back story of the characters and the chaotic world she lives in. The book can be read as a standalone novel and I did not think I was missing anything by not reading the previous four books before this one.

Thank you to the publishers, Choc Lit for sending me the book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment