Challenge Participant

Pages

Friday 20 April 2012

My Big Shouting Day! by Rebecca Patterson

My Big Shouting Day

"Yesterday I woke up and Bob was crawling around My Room, licking My Jewellery, so I shouted Get Out Of My Room! and that was the start of My Big Shouting Day..." Bella is having one of those days - her biscuit is broken, she has a hurting foot and ballet is Toooo itchy for words. All she can do is shout! But by the end of the day, when she's all tired out from being shouty, Bella knows there's one magic word and one magic mummy to make things better again...

As an adult I know i have days where nothing goes right - and I would love to have a big shouting day myself, but I know I wouldn't be very popular if I did. However, Bella is only young, and she decides that today would be a big shouting day - however she learns that even when she shouts, she doesn't get what she wants, however her mummy still loves her!

This was a lovely story for young children and I loved all the pictures of Bella - you could see she was not happy, so much expression in the picture.

A great gift idea for any young children who have shouting days.

Thank you to the publisher, Random House Children's Books, for sending me the book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment