Challenge Participant

Pages

Thursday 30 September 2010

The Usborne book of Drawing, Doodling and Colouring for Christmas

There's lots to draw, doodle and colour in this creative book filled with wonderful Christmas scenes, from jolly pictures to colour in to doodle-starters from which drawings can grow and grow and grow until they cover the whole page. Doodlers can complete the scenes however they want and the craft paper quality pages make this book ideal for drawing in.

As soon as I opened this book I wanted to run and grab some felt tips or pencil crayons and get colouring. There are so many different activities in this book; shapes to turn into pictures, pictures to colour and backgrounds to add doodles to. There are activities for all ages, with some pages being suitable for youngsters and adults, the art student or doodler. I was pleased to see that there were some of the intricate colouring pictures included (with the striking black outlines and backgrounds) which will look great coloured in bold colours. There was also an advent calendar double spread which included 25 small pictures to colour in the countdown to Christmas.
There are also many different styles of drawing - the modern, stylistic reindeer's, modern shadow trees. childlike images, whimsical, sketchy outlines and the modern take on the nativity scene.
There are a wide range of images, Father Christmas, Nativity, Snowflakes, Stockings etc but also less Christmassy designs - traffic jams with trees strapped to them, creatures hiding in the snow and town scenes.

I was also impressed with the weight of paper used in the production of the book. It appears to be of a heavy weight which should prevent ink bleeding through to the other side and ruining the picture.

I loved this book and will be using pages to entertain my children over the festive period, and I am sure I will join them in this activity as there were many pages that caught my eye. I will be looking at other books in this range as ideas for presents for children.

Thank you to Amy at Usborne for sending me this book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment