Challenge Participant

Pages

Monday 28 January 2013

My Playful Puppy Problem (Humphrey's Tiny Tales) by Betty G. Birney

My Playful Puppy Problem! - Humphrey's Tiny Tales Bk. 6


Dear friends, I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE sharing my adventures as a classroom hamster with all my friends. But sometimes my paw gets tired from so much writing! To give it a rest, I've written someshorter tales that are every bit as funny and exciting as my According to Humphrey books. They're called "Humphrey's Tiny Tales" and they've even got illustrations! (I'm quite pleased at how cute I look in the pictures.) I'm unsqueakably excited to share my new stories with you and I think Humphrey fans and new younger readers will be excited too! Your Furry Friend, Humphrey. Humphrey has loved helping Richie with his science project, but then Richie's new dog bounds in and ruins all their hard work! If only Humphrey can keep that playful puppy away, he has a GREAT-GREAT-GREAT idea to save the day, but will it work? He's in for a close call and another fur-raising adventure! Illustrated throughout with black and white line illustrations by Penny Dann.

Humphrey is a cute little hamster who lives at Longfellow School and is a class pet. Each child is given the oppurtunity to take him home for a weekend, and when it is Richie's turn, he decides to use Humphrey in his science project but when Richie's new dog meets Humphrey the project is in trouble - will Humphry be able to save the project before Richie has to take it into school??

This is a fun children's story which animal lovers will love and will appeal to children who love a good giggle. It will keep children amused from the start to the end and hopefully will encourage them to pick up more good reads from this author.

Thank you to the publishers, Faber Children's Books for sending me this book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment