Challenge Participant

Pages

Thursday 29 September 2011

Horrid Henry and the Zombie Vampire

Horrid Henry and the Zombie Vampire - Horrid Henry

Four new stories in which Horrid Henry terrorizes his classmates at a school sleepover in the museum; plays with Perfect Peter and tricks him into handing over all his money; gets out of writing his own story for Miss Battle-Axe by adapting one of Peter's; and meets the Nudie Foodie, a celebrity chef, who comes to the school to improve school dinners. No more burgers! No more chips!

My children are huge Horrid Henry fans and so when we heard that the twentieth Horrid Henry book would be released in September we were very happy! 

This twentieth book contains four stories: Horrid Henry Writes a Story; Horrid Henry and the Nudie Foodie; Horrid Henry and the Mad Professor; and Horrid Henry and the Zombie Vampire. As I have come to expect from Francesca Simon and Horrid Henry stories, all four stories are funny, full of mischief and practical jokes! The stories are, as usual, accompanied by cartoonish illustrations by Tony Ross which capture many funny moments within each story.

My favourite story of the book is Horrid Henry and the Mad Professor where Henry persuades Peter that he should be tiding Henry's room, I chuckled when I saw the title for the second story, Horrid Henry and the Nudie Foodie - am I the only person who thinks Nudie means naked?? Luckily, this story is about a chef who produces simple food, full of goodness.

There is, however, one thing I am unsure about for this book, the front cover. This book has been given a raised, 3D, cover with a moulded 'plastic' Henry being added to the front of the book. Although the illustrations are of the same style to the previous books, I am unsure on the 3D section. I prefer the flat books, easier to have on a book shelf, not taking up to much room on a shelf or in a bag. However this is only a small point and would not discourage me from buying this book as there has been no increase in RRP.

This is a perfect gift for any Horrid Henry fans and I am sure this book will be on many children's Christmas lists this year. Perfect for all ages, young or old.

Thank you to the publishers, Orion Publishing and Michael from The School Run forum for sending me this book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment