Challenge Participant

Pages

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Entangled by Cat Clarke


The same questions whirl round and round in my head: What does he want from me? How could I have let this happen? AM I GOING TO DIE? 17-year-old Grace wakes up in a white room, with table, pens and paper - and no clue how she got there. As Grace pours her tangled life onto the page, she is forced to remember everything she's tried to forget. There's falling hopelessly in love with the gorgeous Nat, and the unravelling of her relationship with her best friend Sal. But there's something missing. As hard as she's trying to remember, is there something she just can't see? Grace must face the most important question of all. Why is she here? A story of dangerous secrets, intense friendships and electrifying attraction.
This book had my attention right from the start - why was Grace in a white room? Grace appears to be a teenager who has had many problems in her past. Grace begins to think about these issues and writes them down on the paper and pens her 'kidnapper' has left in the room for her. It appears that Grace is trying very hard to forget however these are all written down in the end.
I won't go into detail on the plot line as I wouldn't want to spoil it for other readers but I would urge you all to read it. It is a brilliant debut novel by Cat Clarke and I look forward to reading further novels by her. The ending is brilliant and is definitely one I had not imagined. Cat's writing made me feel for Grace, as though I knew her and each setback and event made her seem even more real - I felt real emotion for Grace and the twist at the end was a shock that stayed with me for sometime after I finished reading it.
Thank you to Niamh at Quercus kids for sending me the book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment