Challenge Participant

Pages

Thursday 29 November 2018

The Diary by Vikki Patis




‘I know all your secrets, Lauren.’

Lauren has spent years running away from her home town, her childhood and the memories of her best friend, Hannah.

Until the tenth anniversary of Hannah’s death forces her to return home and to the group of friends she abandoned there. It should be a quick visit, just so Lauren can pay her respects.

At home, Lauren finds Hannah’s old diary. A diary full of secrets. The terrible things Lauren did, the lies she’s told, the reason she ran away. And she receives a message:

‘I don’t know why you’re back, but I know why you left.’ 

But no-one else has seen the diary, and Hannah’s dead, isn’t she?

A suspenseful psychological thriller full of twists and turns – you won’t be able to stop turning the pages of The Diary. Perfect for fans of The Sister, The Girl on the Train and We Were Liars. 



I really enjoyed this book however with six characters to keep track of over the course of the book I did find that it was one that I had to concentrate on. However saying that 'The Diary' is a brilliant book, very well written and kept my attention to the very end. The six characters individual stories are all intertwined and feature story-lines which are very relatable to teenagers of today and are topics which need to be discussed. 

A fantastic psychological thriller which was an unputdownable read which I will be recommending to all! I am also already looking forward to Vikki Patis' next novel already.

Thank you to Bookouture for inviting me to take part in this Blog Blitz in return for an honest review. 






No comments:

Post a Comment