Challenge Participant

Pages

Friday 2 November 2018

Blog Blitz - One Way Ticket to Paris by Emma Robinson


When I was a kid and I’d lost something, my dad always said ‘Go back to the place you last had it’. The problem is that what I’ve lost is… me.
Kate loves her family more than anything, but recently she has started to feel invisible. Lying awake at three a.m. as her husband snores, panicking about shopping lists, birthday parties, and the school bake sale…

She finds herself in the kitchen, gulping water, staring at a postcard of the Eiffel Tower from Shannon, her best friend.

Paris, with its red wine, slippery cobbles and curly lamp posts. Where the scent of freshly-baked croissants hangs in the air, and Kate last remembers feeling like herself.

The postcard is a year old. It has just one line on it: When are you coming?

An inspiring, feel-good tale of friendship, love, and what happens when running away is the only way you can find your way home. Perfect for fans of Sophie Kinsella, Jane Green and Marian Keyes. 



Today I am really pleased to be taking part in Bookouture's Blog Blitz for Emma Robinson's new release, One Way Ticket to Paris.

I am sure 99% of women will be able to relate to Kate, who struggles to sleep at night as everything moves around in her head as she tries to make sense of everything, trying to relax but just thinking everything over and over. Kate, unlike others, remembers something her father said, when you have lost something, go back to the place where you last had it. Kate feels like she has lost her way and therefore books a one way ticket to Paris, to visit her best friend, Shannon. Add in Laura, a woman Kate meets on the Eurostar on the way to Paris, and there are three very different women who all need to make sense of their lives and decide upon the future ahead. 

I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters, although I must admit, I couldn't imagine leaving my family to try and find my way in life. I would love to revisit Paris - I went there on my honeymoon and would love to return with my husband to revisit the sights and this book has definitely made those memories reappear.

The three main characters in this book all have very different lives and I think that all readers would be able to recognise their own friends within this book. It was great to see how the three ladies lives were all very different but they also all had some of the same thoughts and concerns within their lives.

Thank you to Bookouture for inviting me to take part in this Blog Blitz in return for an honest review of this book. I will be looking out Emma's back catalogue to catch up on her fantastic writing style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment