Challenge Participant

Pages

Sunday 22 July 2012

666 Park Avenue by Gabriella Pierce



666 Park Avenue


Welcome to New York City, where the socialites are witches. Jane Boyle has been living a fairy tale. When her boyfriend Malcolm proposes, Jane can't believe her luck and decides to leave her Paris-based job as a fledgling architect and makes a new start with him in New York. But when Malcolm introduces Jane to the esteemed Doran clan, one of Manhattan's most feared and revered families, Jane's fairy tale takes a darker turn. Now Jane must struggle with newfound magical abilities and the threat of those who will stop at nothing to get them. Welcome to "666 Park Avenue".


When I read the synopsis for this book I was unsure if it was my kind of book, however I did read it and was pleasantly surprised. There are lots of books on the market which involve witches, vampires and the like which i do not enjoy, however this book is unlike any of those and is a good read. 

I did think that the story started slowly, with a girl falling in love with a mysterious man, who whisks her away to New York to live. However before before they do, they visit her grandmother her brought her up to find her dead, and a letter for Jane which reveals a family secret. When they reach New York, Jane finds herself in a strange house with the Doran clan who also have a secret and are a powerful family. It was here that I felt the story really got going  and I felt that the story got interesting just before the book ended - however it has left me wanting to read the other two books in the story.

The scene is set for a very glamorous lifestyle and I am intrigued to find out more about the  Doran clan and their powers within New York and beyond. I am sure Jane's life will be changing forever.

Thank you to the publishers, Canvas Books, for sending me the book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment