Challenge Participant

Pages

Sunday 15 January 2012

There's a house inside my mummy by Giles Andreae and Vanessa Cabban

There's a House Inside My Mummy

There's a house inside my mummy Where my little brother grows, or maybe it's my little sister No one really knows.A gentle and tender story of a little boy waiting for his new brother or sister to arrive. Told with humour and a simple rhyming text, this is the perfect picture book for all expectant brothers and sisters. "A great book for sharing with your firstborn while your second is still in the 'tummy house'." The Times

This is a great book for toddlers to understand their mother's pregnancy. It does not go into detail about how? but it tells them enough to prepare them. The little boy in the book asks some fantastic questions and voices his thoughts and I think these will be the thoughts of many inquisitive toddlers who can see a mummy's growing tummy and help them realise they will soon be joined by a new sibling.

The book is written in verse, something which I know children like to listen to. The pictures throughout the book are brightly coloured and simple pictures which depict the story perfectly.

The book I have reviewed is the board book version, however it is also available as a paperback bigger book. 

I would recommend this as a perfect gift for any child who's mum is pregnant to prepare them for the impending arrival. It is easy to understand and in the language of toddlers.

Thank you to Michael from The School Run Forum and Orchard Books for sending me this book to review.

1 comment:

  1. We have this book. I bought it for my oldest daughter when I was pregnant with her sister. It's a lovely book with great pictures and it helped my daughter understand more what was going on and also gave us a platform to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete