Challenge Participant

Pages

Saturday 30 March 2019

Books on Tour - The Woman at 46 Heath Street by Lesley Sanderson


Today I am really pleased to be taking part in Bookouture's Books on Tour promotion to celebrate Lesley Sanderson's new release, The Woman at 46 Heath Street.







The letter is addressed to me. No stamp, swirly handwriting in black ink. I pull out a piece of paper, stiffening when I read the message. Hands trembling, the note slides to the floor: Your husband is having an affair.

Six words written in neat block letters. Six words slipped through her letterbox, destroying her marriage, exposing Ella’s perfect life as perfect lies.

But Ella has a plan: Alice is the answer to her problems. A lodger, to help keep her afloat, a friend, to keep the loneliness at bay.

Only Alice has her own reasons for wanting to live at 46 Heath Street
If you loved The Wife Between Us, The Girl on The Train and The Secret Mother, you will be totally hooked by this twisty and gripping read about family secrets, marriage betrayal and the dark side of love.



The Woman at 46 Heath Street is an easy read which kept my attention throughout. Although it wasn't an edge of the seat psychological thriller that seem to be flooding the market at the moment it was addictive and I had to continue to reading just one more chapter. 

I was able to guess the ending early on however this did not spoil my enjoyment of reading it at all. 

I really enjoyed Lesley's writing style with the story being told by two main characters, Ella and Alice, in the present day and loved the addition of Nancy's narrative told through diary entries - it was a great addition and added an extra air of mystery and intrigue to the story which made the book stand out in my mind when recommending to others. 

Thank you to Bookouture for inviting me to take part in the Books on Tour promotion and for a copy of the book in return for an honest review. 



No comments:

Post a Comment