Challenge Participant

Pages

Tuesday 5 February 2019

Blog BlitzThe Couple by Sarah Mitchell

Whatever you think you know… you’re wrong.

Following a whirlwind four-month romance, lawyer Claire and hotel entrepreneur Angus are engaged to be married. Happy and successful, and ready to start their new life together, Claire and Angus find what they believe to be the perfect home.

But when Claire meets Mark, the man selling them the house, he looks eerily familiar. He looks exactly like the man she loved five years ago, the man she couldn’t bear to lose.

As Claire finds herself irresistibly drawn to Mark and crosses lines she never thought she’d cross, Angus’ behaviour becomes increasingly suspicious. Soon Claire doesn’t know whether she can trust Mark, Angus… or even herself.

The Couple is a psychological thriller with a stunning twist, perfect for fans of The Girl Before, The Wife Between Us, and The Woman in the Window.


I enjoyed the general storylines within this book, however I found that the author, Sarah Mitchell, tried to include too much within the story.

I enjoyed the storyline, starting off with a whirlwind romance  but soon began to develop as Sarah intertwined more threads into a chaotic and packed piece of writing. There were some great parts which I really enjoyed, however there were also times that I found there was too much detail crammed into areas where the storyline didn't need it.  There were also times when I found the two timelines to be confused and the storyline jumped about too much, rather than concentrating on letting the story develop at its own pace.

Although  I have pointed out negatives, I did enjoy the story and I hope to read more from Sarah Mitchell in the future as her writing develops.

Thank you to Bookouture for inviting me to take part in this blog blitz in return for a copy of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment