Challenge Participant

Pages

Saturday 8 December 2018

Blog Blitz - The Memory by



I look down at her, lying fast asleep – always my little girl, and so beautiful. 

She gives a low moan as her head turns restlessly on the pillow. It reminds me of the soft growl of a cornered animal. Where is my poor child? What is she dreaming?

People always notice my daughter, Isobel. How could they not? Incredibly beautiful... until she speaks.

An unsettling, little-girl voice, exactly like a child’s, but from the mouth of a full-grown woman.

Izzie might look grown-up, but inside she’s trapped. Caught in the day it happened – the day that broke her from within.

I know why my daughter is the way she is. There’s nothing I could have done to save her... is there?

An unputdownable psychological thriller about families and secrets, perfect for fans of Gone Girl, Shalini Boland and Lisa Jewell.


Today I am pleased to be taking part in Bookouture's Blog Blitz for The Memory by Lucy Dawson.

There are some brilliant psychological thrillers on the book market at the moment and this is another good one, however I was a little unsettled by the added Ouija and dark occult featuring voodoo that was included (this is just a personal opinion as it is not a subject that I follow).

The story was well written and developed as the book progressed. The storyline took the reader towards an ending however secrets began to be revealed I realised that I was completely wrong and I sped through the remaining pages to get to the end!

Thank you to Bookouture for inviting me to take part in the Blog Blitz and a copy of the book in return for an honest review.

2 comments: