Challenge Participant

Pages

Saturday 14 July 2018

Blog Blitz - The Day I Lost You by Alex Sinclair

Today I am pleased to participate in Bookouture's Blog Blitz to celebrate the publication of Alex Sinclair's latest release, The Day I Lost You.






You only let her go for a second… Now she’s gone. 

Erika Rice is in an elevator with her four-year-old daughter Alice when it stops on the wrong floor and her little girl runs out. The doors close before Erika can follow, and the daughter she loves more than anything is suddenly nowhere to be seen. Erika can’t bear the thought of her daughter in danger or afraid, and will do anything to get her back. But with no sign of Alice, Erika has no idea where to begin. The residents of the apartment block claim not to have seen anything, but Erika realises someone’s lying to her – and that there’s something darker at play. How could a four-year-old disappear into thin air? 

A gripping and addictive psychological thriller that will have you holding on tight to the ones you love. If you enjoyed Behind Closed Doors, Silent Child and I Let You Go, you won’t want to miss The Day I Lost You!

I was looking forward to reading Alex Sinclair's latest release after enjoying 'The Last Thing I Saw', Alex's debut novel last year, a psychological thriller which kept me guessing to the very end. 'The Day I Lost You' is the second novel and Alex has definitely followed up with another psychological thriller which kept me hooked to the very end.

The story is about a mother loosing her daughter and I felt every emotion alongside Erika, it is a mother's worst nightmare and Alex has definitely captured this fear and dread very well in his writing. 

There are lots of twists and turns throughout the story and a number of them left me shocked, but also hooked and for this reason I very quickly devoured the book and has left me eager to read Alex's next book (although I expect that will be at least another 12 months to wait!) 

Thank you to Bookouture for providing me with a copy of this in return for an honest review and the chance to be a part of this Blog Blitz.





No comments:

Post a Comment