Challenge Participant

Pages

Monday 13 January 2014

Love,Lipstick and Lies by Katie Price

Love, Lipstick and Lies


Katie Price, former glamour model Jordan, is back with the most sensational installment of her life story. The last three years of Katie Price's life have been as dramatic as ever. From the highly publicised divorce from Alex Reid to the romance and split from Leandro Penna, and a whirlwind marriage and surprise pregnancy with Kieran Hayler, Katie has been through a lot of changes. And that's just her love life. Katie has also dealt with increasingly bitter disputes with first husband Peter Andre and her former manager, as well as her public spats with comedian Frankie Boyle, who made offensive comments about her son Harvey, and Kelly Brook, over her dalliance with Danny Cipriani. Despite her personal life being played out in the public arena, Katie remains true to her heart by always speaking her mind and living life to the full. This fifth instalment of Katie's roller-coaster life provides intimate access to her side of all the stories with her own special brand of humour, compassion and total honesty.

I hold my hands up and will admit 'Katie Price's autobiography's are my guilty pleasure!' I look forward to each installment of her life, and eagerly read each one to find out all the ups and downs in her life. Excerpts of her books are serialised in the newspapers before the book is released and much is made of her life, but what I get when I read her books is that she is a mum first and foremost who is unlucky in her choice of men and who the press love to follow and report on. 

The book starts with her marriage to Alex Reid and details her life until just before the birth of Jett earlier this  year. The one thing that I think I found in this book is her bad choice in men - Alex, Leandro and Danny all ended in heartbreak but now she is married to Kieran I hope that he is the one and they are able to live happily ever after.

As I read the book I can hear Katie's voice throughout - it is written how she talks, her quirks are included throughout the book. However alot of what is included has been included in the press and therefore many of the revelations are not explosive and sensational, as they have already been leaked to the press.

Talking about the press, one thing that is evident in this book is that Katie Price is not allowed a private life, there is always someone ready to sell a story or photos to the highest bidder which is very clear throughout the book.

As with all of Katie's autobiographies there are loads of photographs - some glamourous but mostly family snaps, those that aren't shown in the papers, which I love, a chance to see the real Katie Price, who I would love to meet!

This is one of those books that people either love or hate, and I will admit I love it, I really enjoy reading about Katie's life and I will be looking forward to her next installment although I think that it will be sometime before the next comes out.

Thank you to the publishers, Century and Random House, and Net Galley for a review copy of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment