Challenge Participant

Pages

Wednesday 21 August 2019

Books On Tour - Date Night by Samantha Hayes

Today I am delighted to be taking part in Bookouture's Books On Tour to celebrate the publication of Samatha Hayes latest novel, Date Night.




Returning early from a disastrous date night with my husband, I know something is wrong the moment the wheels crunch the gravel drive of our home. Inside, the TV is on and a half-eaten meal waits on the table. My heart stops when I find our little girl is alone in the house and our babysitter, Sasha, is missing…
Days later, when I’m arrested for Sasha’s murder and torn away from my perfect little family, I’ll wish I had told someone about the threatening note I received that morning.

I’ll hate myself for not finding out who the gift hidden inside my husband’s wardrobe was for.

I’ll scream from the rooftops that I’m innocent – but no one will listen.

I will realise I was completely wrong about everything that happened that night…

But will you believe me?



Samantha Hayes always writes brilliant psychological thrillers which keeps readers on the endge of their seats to that final page and Date Night is another such read, with an ending that I didn't expect.

The story is based on secrets and lies and with an added extra of control which drives the story in an uncomfortable direction.

There are two timelines throughout the story of Then and Now and it swaps between the two as the story unfolds and builds with a crescendo to the very end, where the truth is discovered.

This is an edge of your seat read which will keep the reader hooked in until the very end.


Thank you to Bookouture for inviting me to take part in the Books on Tour promotion and for a copy of the book in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment